Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

South-Point Pier Amusement Park

+3
Jonathan
ImagineerEthan
OKSIRYDOC
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty South-Point Pier Amusement Park Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:04 am

OKSIRYDOC

OKSIRYDOC
I am beloved of the Guac!

I am going to start from the Beginning and chose important things to include.

South-Point Pier was purchased in 1970 for $7M, despite complaints from local fishermen Construction continued through the 80s. The park at the time consisted of two Vekomas, and two arrow coasters. The parks hotel was constructed in the 90's. The second Vekoma since has been removed, and replaced with a Maurer Söhne X-Coaster. The year is now 2000, the parks management has been changed to more ambitious owners who are quoted with saying "We will take this park to new heights"

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0124

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0123wide

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0105-1

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0092-2

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0117b

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0131-2

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0126

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0134-3

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0133-2

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0121-2

South-Point Pier Amusement Park FireI

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Fire2

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Newsartical

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0149-1

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Panoraminc

South-Point Pier Amusement Park AfterfireII
Burnt, cut track.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0158-1
New Entance.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0159-2

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Pano-1

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0161-1

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0160-1

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Photo0004

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0168-2

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0178-1

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Boat

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0181B

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0200-1

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0198-1

South-Point Pier Amusement Park CRad-1

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0193-2

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0193-3

I skipped alot of pointless construction updates. Thats where I left off, more in depth updates to come soon.

http://www.CoasterForum.net

2South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:09 am

ImagineerEthan

ImagineerEthan

aahhh, glad this park's over here Smile, i haven't seen that new spinner so that was a surprise My shoes tremble with delight!, anyways this park is insanly cool, i just love the hotel on the waterfront for some reason

3South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:13 pm

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

I really like this. Everything looks so clean yet realistic. That merry-go-round especially, has been put together excellently.

The giant flume looks a little under-supported at the moment, I'd recommend some cross beams etc so that it looks sturdier. Wink

4South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:11 pm

wagi

wagi

I cry foul! This looks strangely like another park with even the exact same name posted elsewhere!

5South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:52 pm

OKSIRYDOC

OKSIRYDOC

Haha maybe you should look at the Screenname of who is posting on those other sites. Don't believe me I can show you a picture of anything you want. Also check your PM's

6South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:14 pm

wagi

wagi

OKSIRYDOC wrote:Haha maybe you should look at the Screenname of who is posting on those other sites. Don't believe me I can show you a picture of anything you want. Also check your PM's

Well, I already knew the screen names were the same, why else would I say this looks strangely like another park with even the exact same name posted elsewhere?!

I'm now crying double foul since it's the same person posting the same park with the same name here as have been posted elsewhere...I find that highly suspicious!

Very strange indeed. Your pm's did nothing to prove that you weren't the person posting this!

J'accuse! Weird

I suggest that Sir Our LORD And MASTER, SIR Our LORD And MASTER, SIR Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG look into this post haste-like! Down Cast

What did you expect? More praise? It's all already been said! Tongue Out

7South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:56 pm

OKSIRYDOC

OKSIRYDOC

Okay what is your problem? This is my park, I posted this on CoasterForum, rctlounge, and iratA. Honestly you aren't making much sense with all of this. I don't know if you believe I made the park, or if you are mad for me posting it here also.

8South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:20 pm

ImagineerTom

ImagineerTom

OKSIRYDOC wrote:Okay what is your problem? This is my park, I posted this on CoasterForum, rctlounge, and iratA. Honestly you aren't making much sense with all of this. I don't know if you believe I made the park, or if you are mad for me posting it here also.

He is joking! Ha ha Thumbs Up

http://imagineertom.webs.com

9South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:22 pm

OKSIRYDOC

OKSIRYDOC

Is he? I am so confused???

10South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Gravity

Gravity

J'ACCUSE!

11South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:08 pm

OKSIRYDOC

OKSIRYDOC

*Unconfused now*, Wagi you got me good haha.

12South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 am

wagi

wagi

Then my work here is done... Red Face

Tongue Out Thumbs Up

13South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm

The Heth

The Heth

The detail and effort put into this park clearly shows! I also really like the fire pics. That might just be the destructive part of my mind getting excited though

14South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:13 pm

OKSIRYDOC

OKSIRYDOC

Well today was opening day, and the new area was pretty neat. Three major attractions were added to the new area in the off-season. On to the Pictures!

South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0208-1
Here is the new Spinning coaster it is quite a thrill.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0209-2
Something I didn't see before today, a new Go-Kart Track.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0210-1
Picture of the track!
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0211-1
Picture of Canyon Run's boat.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0212
They added a nice water tower to Canyon Run.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0213-2
The station of Canyon Run!
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0214-2
The Boat after the first hill.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0216-2
Some nice cooling mist, it really was a really great water ride.

Now a fan of the park sent these pictures of the park from above. Apparently he is in a flying class, and he flew over the park in a helicopter, and snapped some pictures. Really different view of the park.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0217-2
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0218-1
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0219-1
Getting a little low to the water there! No signs of anything new at the moment.

15South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:49 pm

wagi

wagi

Very, very nice! I'm not a big fan of too much bloom on screens, but your work clearly shows through that anyways.

16South-Point Pier Amusement Park Empty Re: South-Point Pier Amusement Park Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:40 pm

OKSIRYDOC

OKSIRYDOC

Well guys there is something at South-Point that is really making me excited. What am I talking about? Footers, and some track, and a crane. What do you get when you combine those three? No the answer is not Optimus Prime. The answer is new roller coaster! The only problem is at this point we know nothing about it. All I know is further back into the construction zone there is part of a lake so maybe this ride will be close to the water or even go over it. Lets move on to the pictures.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0225-1
Upon arriving at the park I noticed this access road.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0222-2
Here is a bunch of footers, looks like we know the support color.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0221-1
More footers this looks like the station or brake run, but who knows.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0223-2
Track is barely visible in the background all I can tell is it is painted black.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0224-1
Here is a closer look at the track.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0227
Thats all for the Construction zone pictures.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0226
This is the booth where you pay to park. That is always fun.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0228
Here is a shot, I don't know who took it, but it is nice.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park SPPPANO
Last is a panorama by me taken at the park.

More to come soon guys!

Well since no one commented on the first one, a new update came

Well guys I headed to the park, the last time I went to the park was about a week ago. When I returned today, I noticed a whole lot of work has been completed. There was track going up, down, twisting left, and right. It looks like it's going to be a nice compact coaster. I can't wait for this to be done now on to the pictures.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0233-2
Work on the lift hill has begun!
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0234-1
More of the lift hill.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0235-1
A worker told me the cars for the ride are in here, he said they are Maurer Sohn X-Cars, but I don't know how true that is.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0236
Little airtime hill.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park Shot0237
Here is a picture of that access road I showed you earlier.

Finally some other news.
South-Point Pier Amusement Park SPPLOGO
The park held a contest to design the new logo, and here is the winner's logo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]