Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Heth

The Heth
I am beloved of the Guac!

For those who don't know, I'm currently working on a park called 'Discovery Island'. Released as a series of ride videos, the project currently has 2 parts.

Part 1 - Welcome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGGuCPjkIY
Part 2 - From the Earth to the Moon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGEU2_nQKwI&feature=related

The third part was originally going to be 'The Nautilus' or 'Doctor Who: The Ride', however 'The Nautilus' is currently not up to scratch, and Doctor Who: The Ride is repeatedly being delayed, and I'm only about 10% of the way through making it. Instead, I decided to flex my dark-ride muscles with...

Around the World in 80 Days

Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island Shot0228
Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island Shot0229

Around the World in 80 Days will be a slow dark ride across the globe; through ancient rainforests to the greatest cities, from oceans to ice-caps. Unlike most of my rides, this won't have any proper storyline. It's just an experience, a series of scenes. Think Spaceship Earth meets It's a Small World.

I will be using an omnimover RR CTR, and the first scenes, as shown here, are the South American rainforests.

Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island Shot0227
Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island Shot0226
Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island Shot0225-1

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

So, if I read this correctly, this will be more in a showcase style rather than focusing on a fixed storyline throughout the ride?
It sounds rather interesting as you haven't been doing this before.

The pictures look very nice and the lighting is beautiful. Nothing to criticize about, keep up the good work!

The Heth

The Heth

theultimatefish wrote:So, if I read this correctly, this will be more in a showcase style rather than focusing on a fixed storyline throughout the ride?
It sounds rather interesting as you haven't been doing this before.

The pictures look very nice and the lighting is beautiful. Nothing to criticize about, keep up the good work!

Precisely. Basically all my rides are fixed stories played out as rides...I kind of just want to showcase some pretty objects this time.

The Heth

The Heth

From the jungles of South America, we move onto the wilderness of the American West.

Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island Shot0230
Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island Shot0231
Around the World in 80 Days - Discovery Island Shot0232

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

It might be tricky, but have you considered adding some scenes from the Jules Verne novel?

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

The Heth

The Heth

El Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG wrote:It might be tricky, but have you considered adding some scenes from the Jules Verne novel?

Whilst I have read a lot of Verne novels, I must confess right now I have never read Around the World in 80 Days, so I'd have to read it/read up about it, to know what scenes could be added.

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

The basics were also covered (sort of) in the seminal Around The World With Willy Fog!