Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RCT3 Wikia

+6
Anton
Jeremy
wagi
El Frog
ImagineerTom
spacemtnman
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1RCT3 Wikia Empty RCT3 Wikia Tue May 25, 2010 4:52 pm

spacemtnman

spacemtnman
I am beloved of the Guac!

Well myself and mr ears have decided that its a great idea to keep the history of rct3 alive through a wikia so that the superclefts of the future can learn about how things used to be and the proper way of making useful CS Like our forefathers did! So Im thinking we need some people to maintain this wikia so feel free to put yourself forward to help! We need to know the ins and outs of the historical moments such as the first CS, CTR and CFR , download links for rct3 tools and the like.Articles on stuff related to breakthroughs and tutorial links, that sorta thing. So help or face the wrath of the Crevice!

Some clefts have taken the names rct3.wikia.com and rollercoastertycoon3.wikia.com so i suggest that if you get involved you edit the rct3.wikia.com one as its the oldest and least populated with regurgitated info from the net.

Regards

Spacemtnman

2RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Tue May 25, 2010 6:42 pm

ImagineerTom

ImagineerTom

spacemtnman wrote:Well myself and mr ears have decided that its a great idea to keep the history of rct3 alive through a wikia so that the superclefts of the future can learn about how things used to be and the proper way of making useful CS Like our forefathers did! So Im thinking we need some people to maintain this wikia so feel free to put yourself forward to help! We need to know the ins and outs of the historical moments such as the first CS, CTR and CFR , download links for rct3 tools and the like.Articles on stuff related to breakthroughs and tutorial links, that sorta thing. So help or face the wrath of the Crevice!

Some clefts have taken the names rct3.wikia.com and rollercoastertycoon3.wikia.com so i suggest that if you get involved you edit the rct3.wikia.com one as its the oldest and least populated with regurgitated info from the net.

Regards

Spacemtnman

Look in JonnyEar's old threads in the AtariCommunity and you'll see when Belgabor, as well as some other respected members, clearly say that "Custom Animated Rides" will never be possible. Ha ha

This is actually a brilliant idea! I wil be sure to help! Let's keep this one a Guac project though, don't let iratA or SGW know about it until it's done!

http://imagineertom.webs.com

3RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Tue May 25, 2010 6:46 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Obviously, someone will have to make an entry about me... El Frog Mad Thumbs Up

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

4RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Tue May 25, 2010 6:57 pm

ImagineerTom

ImagineerTom

El Frog wrote:Obviously, someone will have to make an entry about me... El Frog Mad Thumbs Up

Of course, you've done so much for the RCT3 community and the discoveries for the game! Ha ha

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548750

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661872

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624880

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608076

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586989

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554375

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551800

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533798

5RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Wed May 26, 2010 2:26 am

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

ImagineerTom wrote:

Look in JonnyEar's old threads in the AtariCommunity and you'll see when Belgabor, as well as some other respected members, clearly say that "Custom Animated Rides" will never be possible. Ha ha

This is actually a brilliant idea! I wil be sure to help! Let's keep this one a Guac project though, don't let iratA or SGW know about it until it's done!

Yeh thats the idea...to keep it a COG Project. There is a lack of n00bs here that just makes the place smell great!

6RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Wed May 26, 2010 7:27 am

wagi

wagi

I know I sure breath easier...

This is a smashing idea. But you guys failed to mention Sir Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG's hair. El Frog

7RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Wed May 26, 2010 10:45 am

Jeremy

Jeremy

I have taken to editing the wiki immediately. It is quite a mess, and highly inactive. I think a total site overhaul is in order!

8RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Wed May 26, 2010 12:00 pm

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

wow im impressed!

I would like the community to collaborate to an rct3 timeline if possible?

9RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Wed May 26, 2010 1:30 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

I am struggling a bit on dates and info in the early days of Custom Content. People like Jonwil and Belgabor were pretty much gone when I first started participating in the community.

EDIT:
spacemtnman wrote:I would like to become the administrator along with my co-editor jeremyCoG of rct3.wikia.com

!!!!

10RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Wed May 26, 2010 2:33 pm

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

Jeremy wrote:I am struggling a bit on dates and info in the early days of Custom Content. People like Jonwil and Belgabor were pretty much gone when I first started participating in the community.

EDIT:
spacemtnman wrote:I would like to become the administrator along with my co-editor jeremyCoG of rct3.wikia.com

!!!!

Hey i can help with the dates all the old threads on the old forums are there Smile

And i didnt see your appeal and yes it was mine and jonnys idea so i think i have a right to become an admin, i had already started removing old articles and stuff.

11RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Thu May 27, 2010 10:26 am

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

Myself and jeremy have applied for adminship of the wikia page so we can delete articles and stuff. I asked JDrownlands for some information about the ovl format for it and he has taken it upon himself to start editing and cleaning up pages :/
He has also created duplicate articles for ones that already exist and are populated!

12RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Thu May 27, 2010 11:52 am

Jeremy

Jeremy

spacemtnman wrote:
He has also created duplicate articles for ones that already exist and are populated!

I noticed this! Once admin status is approved, we will be able to clear up the unnecessary pages.

13RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Thu May 27, 2010 12:47 pm

Anton

Anton

I'd LVOE to contribute with some articles/tutorials!

14RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Fri May 28, 2010 2:48 am

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

anyone know how lakerc123 knows about the wiki? he has started editing with terrible grammar and no punctuation.

15RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Fri May 28, 2010 5:28 am

ImagineerTom

ImagineerTom

spacemtnman wrote:anyone know how lakerc123 knows about the wiki? he has started editing with terrible grammar and no punctuation.

Make me an Admin and I will IP ban his ass. Ha ha I would love to be part of the hierarchy, though. Moderator of CTR/CFR wikia pages?

16RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Fri May 28, 2010 6:51 am

wagi

wagi

He's a member here, thus our Super Secret plans have been infiltrated. I doubt he's told many more clefts, much likely he wants to be the first to do anything over there, then later he'll invite all his friends over to see his outstanding work...

17RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Fri May 28, 2010 7:44 am

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

wagi wrote:He's a member here, thus our Super Secret plans have been infiltrated. I doubt he's told many more clefts, much likely he wants to be the first to do anything over there, then later he'll invite all his friends over to see his outstanding work...

Well ive told him that i dont want to have to clear up the mess he calls his articles and to write his articles out and pass them through me or jon first Tongue Out I hope no more clefts start editing it. it will ruin it!

18RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Fri May 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

Still nothing from the wikia people about adopting the wiki.

If you do wish to contribute, my advice would be to click "random page" until you see a stub or article beginning "to be created"

That way, you avoid duplicate articles, etc.

19RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Fri May 28, 2010 2:50 pm

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

good idea although jdrowlands seems to be taking the wiki as his own at the moment :/

20RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Fri May 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

Sorry I haven't really been around to contribute to this, but I've been a little busy. I'm very impressed with what I have seen (I was surprised about your progress so soon) and I look forward to adding to that at the weekend.

Keep it up, everyone, and I'll be joining you shortly!

21RCT3 Wikia Empty ADMINSHIP APPROVED! Sat May 29, 2010 5:50 pm

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

Myself and Jeremy are now admins on the wiki Smile

22RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Sat May 29, 2010 8:01 pm

OneOtherPest

OneOtherPest
Likes Eating Cake -Shaped Willies

Here's some help contributed by other members on the old iratA forums Wink

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675971

23RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Sun May 30, 2010 6:16 am

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

OneOtherPest wrote:Here's some help contributed by other members on the old iratA forums Wink

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675971

My shoes tremble with delight! that thread is hilarious!

24RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Sun May 30, 2010 7:11 am

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

The “Event” or “A brief History”
Long ago, or so it seems, there was a great and powerful Ruler, who sailed the Electric Seas of iratA. Brutal were his ways and sinister were his tactics. Legendary in stature, age, and reputation, this Ruler had an iron fist that swiftly met with those who broke The Way. Once the Way was broken, no one ever returned…it was known as the dreaded, “Miscellaneous insta-ban.” Oh, some tried to return, however, the Ruler quickly sniffed them out, and banished them from the shores of this fair land, always with snide, underhanded tone in tow.

Soon, the Ruler needed aid in his dominion, and others were appointed, although none had the ferocity that the original Scurvy Sea Dog had. While rumors swirled of the formidable ‘Gal and the Sea Dog, none were ever made fact to the peons in the Realm. But misguided acts from the Sea Dog were observed by many of the humble society. Uprising was always squelched quickly and quietly, making sure those who were against the ways of the Ruler were cast from the society and made public images of “what happens when you do wrong.” That is, however, until The Event.

After years of rule, some good, but ever increasingly undefended and objectionable, the tides were turned. A follower of The Way, although full of snark he was, was openly humiliated by another follower of The Way. The injustice was flagrant. Feeling the need to defend himself as one member of the society from another, the Humiliated retaliated with the same narrow-minded, one sided set of blows used upon him, merely reversed. Instead of rectifying the situation and maintaining peace (however false it might be), the Scurvy Sea Dog immediately removed the imagery and vulgarity from the minds of the Realm who had been unfortunate enough to witness firsthand the hatred and bigotry—so he thought. The Event should have ended there. But no one, not you, not me, not the Humiliated nor the Humiliator…not even the Scurvy Sea Dog himself could predict what was about to happen to the Realm so long held in check by fear.

Instead of moving on with his duties and responsibilities, the Sea Dog found a way to further instigate problems, injustice, and malice. Disrespecting all sets of rules, regulations, and any representation of The Way, Sea Dog invaded the Humiliated’s mind with thoughts so foul, so flagrantly offensive, that if they were to be uttered here, indeed many would flee in horror. Shocked and horrified, the Humiliated, while bruised, was not broken. There was a retort, and as seen many times before by Sea Dog, another response, just as vile as the one previous. It was as if the Sea Dog had been possessed by a creature fork-tongued and evil. The Humiliated was left aghast. Unsure of what to do next, some time went by.

The Scurvy Sea Dog offered a formal apology to the Humiliated, as forced and ill-conceived as it seemed. The Humiliated, however, would have none of it. Having the last straw, it was finally time for one down-trodden member, one who had felt the wrath for too long and had seen the reach of the unexplained discrepancies of the Sea Dog reach too far, to take up his beliefs and make a stand for himself against Sea Dog.

Outraged by this malice and slander from someone with so much power, countless members of the Realm came to stand behind the Humiliated. From one, many were bonded, creating a force unseen in the days of this humble writer. Standing behind the Humiliated, and bringing their own objections, experiences, and doubt, the Realm stood as one, exclaiming, “We have had ENOUGH!” No longer would people be afraid to start discussions, only to have them outlawed by the Sea Dog. No more would people be persecuted for being new arrivals to this fair land. No more would people stand for double-standards and the blatant abuse of power bestowed upon the Scurvy Sea Dog. The Realm had become one, ready to face whatever obstacles were in their way to topple a Ruler who had grown power-hungry, unjust, and insensitive.

But what of the other rulers? What of ‘Gal? What of the quiet, and indeed quite fair, Bird? ‘Gal fell silent, while the Bird remained respectful of both his position and the position of his fellow rulers. Suddenly, in a world where it took three to maintain order and civility, only the Bird was an active voice among the Realm. Surely, the Realm would crumble, would fall into nonexistence, and would be swallowed up by ignorance, stupidity, and common missteps without the iron-fisted Sea Dog?

Well, dear readers, legend says that the Sea Dog fell away after the fateful night of The Event. ‘Gal retreated to less populated sections of the Realm. As of this publication, society still exists. In fact, one might argue that it is stronger. Indeed, without fear, the Realm can again begin to express itself. Those who are wise in the ways of the Realm actively seek to teach those new arrivals the ways that will eventually lead to acceptance, trust, and ultimately, wisdom of their own. With a sudden surge in positivity, it appears the opposite of the foreshadowed destruction has happened. Instead, the Realm is actively pursuing its own Renaissance. Led humbly by the mysterious Bird, this Ruler chooses exploration, trial-and-error, and time to control his kingdom.

No one is sure what has happened or will happen to the Scurvy Sea Dog. Rumors have quieted down, although the resounding call from the Realm remains the same as it did that dreaded eve: “Enough.” It would appear that The Event has had significant impact on this humble society. While there has been no word of physical or official reprimand for his grievous actions, the absence of the Scurvy Sea Dog would speak of a Ruler who has lost his power to effectively rule. Perhaps it is his unquenchable thirst for power and superiority that has kept him at bay. Perhaps he is sailing new seas. Maybe he is shrouded in the evening mist, awaiting his time to return with vengeance. Whatever scenario is actual truth, the Realm, moving on from The Event in stride, is prepared to cross that eventual bridge, if it is ever needed.

But for now, we sit in relative peace. Shaken but not broken, we stand stronger and better, knowing that while petty differences might keep us from ever being truly close, when events unfold that allow one member to be so unfairly singled out , we will come together to defend our Realm.

And so I place my quill in its pot of ink and retire. Respectfully, I assure you there is no malice intended in these words. They are merely an elaborate explanation using vivid imagery to describe the culminating happenings that henceforth shall be known as: The Event.

Thank you and good night.
Wise, Simple Old Fool

This one should definitely go in the wikia. My response to that was quite... 'odd'... But I assure you I will be better now! Big Grin

EDIT: I just saw that my whole appearance in the thread was odd... WTF (Not censored yet Mad) did I think at the time?

25RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Sun May 30, 2010 6:26 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

wagi wrote:This is a smashing idea. But you guys failed to mention Sir Our LORD And MASTER, SIR Our LORD And MASTER, SIR Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG's hair. El Frog

It angers me that they have not added my great hair to the wiki! El Frog Mad Thumbs Down

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

26RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Mon May 31, 2010 1:34 pm

thedon200

(im editing this post for bad grammar)
Our LORD And MASTER, SIR Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG, Maybe i could find some time to add an article on your hair to the wiki... (maybe)

Last edited by thedon200 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bad Grammar)

27RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Mon May 31, 2010 1:51 pm

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

Theodon, your post confuses me...

28RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Mon May 31, 2010 2:10 pm

thedon200

^
1. please read my username correctly
2. someone will obviously be urged to put frogs hair onto the wiki

Last edited by thedon200 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

29RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Mon May 31, 2010 2:11 pm

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

thedon200 wrote:^
1. please read my username coorectly
2. someone will obviously be urged to put frogs hair onto the wiki

1. Please spell correctly Correctly
2. I see that, it was the "i dunno" bit that threw me off, as he wasnt asking a question...

30RCT3 Wikia Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:32 am

wagi

wagi

While slumming over at the 'site which shall not be named', I was appalled to read what people were passing off as 'facts' concerning such simple stuff as who designed what and what company did what in the years since RCT1 first came to market. Things were posted as being factual that were anything BUT, instead they were just plain wrong. Part of the trouble is self-appointed 'experts' who say anything and because it's coming from them, expect everyone else to accept it as the truth.

I haven't looked at the Wiki, but from reading this thread I know that at least one of the guilty parties was said to be working on it. If it's too difficult to even sort out who's who among Chris Sawyer,Hasbro,Infogrames, iratA and Frontier, then how the hell are they going to record the history of this game and the community?

Why is it more important to 'look' right than to actually 'BE' right? Weird

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum