Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halo 3 - Noob School

+3
wagi
KingVeveraine
RedCleft!
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Halo 3 - Noob School Empty Halo 3 - Noob School Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:31 pm

RedCleft!

RedCleft!
I am beloved of the Guac!

This is my first Halo 3 machinima. Whilst it is most probably my last, I would love to share it with you.

This video took 11 months to make. Whilst the video has little plot and makes no sense, its hard to describe the feeling when nearly a whole years work finally gets posted. Although it is cleft standard **** any insults would be greatly appreaciated.

El Frog <removed> El Frog

Last edited by RedCleft! on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

2Halo 3 - Noob School Empty Re: Halo 3 - Noob School Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:12 pm

KingVeveraine

KingVeveraine
Admin

It was crude and mildly offensive. Nor did I understand it. Well done on your work, however.

3Halo 3 - Noob School Empty Re: Halo 3 - Noob School Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:36 pm

wagi

wagi

I was offended even before I read a single word on your original post...that avatar alone was enough to get me started. But against my better judgement, I actually watched most of it (even I have my limits...).

I'm sure your mother must be proud. No doubt 'film director' will now join 'doctor', 'lawyer' and even 'gainfully employed' on the pile of broken dreams you've left at her feet. Mad Thumbs Up

4Halo 3 - Noob School Empty Re: Halo 3 - Noob School Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:49 am

RedCleft!

RedCleft!

I would like to apologize if it offended anyone. I will remove it. It just meant alot to me.

http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

5Halo 3 - Noob School Empty Re: Halo 3 - Noob School Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:14 am

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

It is a shame that the language was as it was used. The swearing just seemed.....so unnecessary.

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

6Halo 3 - Noob School Empty Re: Halo 3 - Noob School Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 am

wagi

wagi

Unless your friends are black and live in urban America, the use of 'hey n****r" tends to really bother me...alot It's a stereotype for one, and the 'n' word is considered terribly racist in the States for another. I know it wasn't your intention to offend, as far as I'm concerned there's no reason to take it down.

I can appreciate the fact that you worked on something for eleven months, I commend you for that.

But as you admit, there's little plot and it makes no sense. Combine that with the use of cuss words in place of any actual dialogue, and that's likely why perhaps the comments here aren't what you hoped for. Don't take it badly, I'm sure we can appreciate the work that went into it even if the finished project wasn't to our personal liking, I know I do. Thumbs Up

7Halo 3 - Noob School Empty Re: Halo 3 - Noob School Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:59 am

Jeremy

Jeremy

Besides what Wagi already said, the one thing that really got to me was the complete lack of character identity.

The problem with Halo machinima is that nobody's mouth moves, and when you've got 4 characters on screen, it's nigh impossible to tell which one is supposedly producing the voice. This combined with the total lack of individuality to the characters (there was the sweary posh one, the sweary whispery slightly asian one, the sweary one and the other sweary one) I could never tell which voice was who.

The swearing, I think, would have been much more appropriate and possibly even quite funny if it had all been confined to just one character (though without such copious use of the N-word in particular) rather than every character conversing through swears alone.

For future projects, keep just one character on screen when they are speaking, at least for the first time they do speak, so we can tell which voice is which character. Also, stay out of Team Deatmatches, because everyone suddenly turning red and blue instead of their normal colours was a hell of a way to throw away any previously established character recognition.

Also, don't be afraid to vary the voice acting more wildly, draft in some people of different nationalities and ages, as the range of voices you can use increases, more characters can be introduced.

TL;DR - What Wagi said + only (maximum) one sweary bloke, vary voices and characteristics more, one person on screen at a time when they speak.

8Halo 3 - Noob School Empty Re: Halo 3 - Noob School Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:44 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

I have posted this so that we can all think about being friends: