Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sorry.....you are...?

+12
wagi
rainbowwarrior
Gravity
The Heth
baz6174
Anton
RedCleft!
Crumpet Face
Jonathan
KingVeveraine
ImagineerTom
El Frog
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

61Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Get.Creative

Get.Creative
I am beloved of the Guac!

Here it is:
Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Snapshot_20100604
A very old, very bad quality, very windswept photo of me (left) and my friend on the front seat of Stealth.

62Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

Get Creative- Trying to lick the restraints during the ride is a bad idea!

El Frog wrote:...And the fools who think Rockband (and all other variants) is shockingly original too!

We know they're not original. The guitar idea was from GuitarFreaks. The drums were from DrumMania. The vocals from basically any karaoke system.

Harmonix never claimed to be original with these concepts, and the fans have certainly been aware. This elitist attitude where people often compare them to the games I've listed above, or Simon (that's the main one) is very, very silly.

As I say, not a single person is ignorant enough to believe that either Guitar Hero or Rock Band is original. I have no idea why you're saying that these people exist!

63Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

Jonathan wrote:Get Creative- Trying to lick the restraints during the ride is a bad idea!

But they're so good!

Guitar Hero is amazing! I played it earlier until my fingers bled! (not really of course, that would just be silly. It was about 20 minutes.)

64Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:00 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

I hear(s) that the windows near that ride are always clean!

Jonathan wrote:Get Creative- Trying to lick the restraints during the ride is a bad idea!

El Frog wrote:...And the fools who think Rockband (and all other variants) is shockingly original too!

As I say, not a single person is ignorant enough to believe that either Guitar Hero or Rock Band is original. I have no idea why you're saying that these people exist!

These people do exist! They make me rather angry - angry enough to want to dig out the PS I bought after a drunken late night and stick on Parappa The Rapper!

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

65Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:51 am

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

^ Yeah! show those people!

It was quite a coincidence that we both pulled the same face! just out of shot behind me is a very terified fat girl (orange). If I take it out the cover, we can all laugh at her silliness. But the photo is upstairs and so is my laptop with the webcam, so it will have to wait until I can be bothered to drag myself to my room.

66Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:16 am

wagi

wagi

The poor 'fat girl' was probably just taken aback by the two guys in the front who look like they are about to play tonsil hockey French kissing, or maybe it was the salivia that was being blown back onto her face from their drool.

Of course the next frame of film is missing, so we'll never know for sure...

67Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:58 am

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

maybe, but it's more likely because she was being launched at 80mph on Stealth, and her flaby face was being squashed into the seat while sitting behind two mongs.

68Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:58 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Get.Creative wrote:maybe, but it's more likely because she was being launched at 80mph on Stealth, and her flaby face was being squashed into the seat while sitting behind two mongs.

Stealth bored me. Utterly.

69Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

El Frog wrote:

Finally, someone who agrees with my opinion! Whenever I mention that I simply dislike Stealth, I normally get either "Scared?" or "But Stealth is teh BESTEST EVARR!!!11"

It's just so dull; forwards, up, down, up a bit, down a bit, done. I much preferred Rita, at Alton Towers.

70Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Gravity

Gravity

Jeremy wrote:
El Frog wrote:

Finally, someone who agrees with my opinion! Whenever I mention that I simply dislike Stealth, I normally get either "Scared?" or "But Stealth is teh BESTEST EVARR!!!11"

It's just so dull; forwards, up, down, up a bit, down a bit, done. I much preferred Rita, at Alton Towers.

To be completely honest... Top Thrill Dragster isn't much better.

Granted, I worked on it and rode it every single morning for an entire summer, so I might be a bit biased... but after your first ride (which did scare the bejeezus out of me).. it's just a yawner. I won't wait for it if the line is longer than 20 minutes.. not worth it.

71Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:06 am

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Stealth also is famous for spending as much time broken down as it is running...

72Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:38 am

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

I understand why you say it's boring, because it's short. But that doesn't really bother me. I just enjoy the speed of it.

And Grav, this would make TTD more exciting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9U16LtHAGg

73Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:45 am

KingVeveraine

KingVeveraine
Admin

I think Stealth is lush, I still find it really fun!

74Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:28 am

Gravity

Gravity

Get.Creative wrote:

And Grav, this would make TTD more exciting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9U16LtHAGg

Meh... if you call wasting 45 minutes of your day up there 'exciting'.

It's happened a few times already!

75Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:46 am

Jeremy

Jeremy

Gravity wrote:
Meh... if you call wasting 45 minutes of your day up there 'exciting'.

It's happened a few times already!

They should really sort that out. I don't think Stealth or Kingda Ka have ever gotten stuck up there, so I don't know why TTD persists in doing so.

Aiaiaiaidaiaian, Stealth is far worse than all 4 of the other coasters at TP! That's right, even X:/ No Way out!

76Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:51 am

Gravity

Gravity

Kingda Ka launches the train much faster than is needed to clear the top, and has brake fins at the top of the tophat to slow the train down as it comes over to the 'down' side.

TTD launches the train (based on calculations from the train before it) at just the right speed to make it over at the 'ideal' speed, with no brakes at the top of the ride.

That's why you probably won't ever see KK perched on top of the tower like that, but TTD would. I don't know why Stealth, Xcelerator, and the other smaller versions aren't prone to being balanced at the top like that, as they launch using the same calculated-speed method as TTD. Perhaps it's just luck of the draw. Guacamole

77Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:32 am

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

stealth has been stcuk aswell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chkej8kLLkM

x:/ No Way Out is terrible! They should remove it and put something better there, like a flying coaster.

78Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:08 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Get.Creative wrote:I understand why you say it's boring, because it's short. But that doesn't really bother me. I just enjoy the speed of it.

Oblivion is equally crap: one drop and two banked corners! OOOOH! Well worth the 2 hour queues!

79Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

El Frog wrote:Oblivion is equally crap: one drop and two banked corners! OOOOH! Well worth the 2 hour queues!

I enjoyed Oblivion. Perhaps because the queues never topped 5 minutes despite the pleasant weather and longer queues elsewhere, so we rode it 3 times in a row. Big Grin

I imagine that it would be a tad disappointing after a 2 hour queue.

80Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:03 am

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

^ It's good as long as it has a short queue. The picture from stealth was the fith time we had been on it that day, and we had only queued for a total of 10 minutes, including the front seat queue. The longest i've ever queued was just over two hours for saw.

81Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:08 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

I am pleased that "he" still hasn't noticed!

82Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

The Heth wrote:Hethetheth is now the far easy to spell "The Heth"

For I am the only Heth I know

How on earth do I make this smaller?!

In the meantime, behold my huge and glorious FACE

Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Cloverfield_movie_image_1.18.08_michael_stahl-david

This is proof that HETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETH is actually Michael Stahl-David, star of Cloverfield!

83Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:16 pm

wagi

wagi

Jeremy wrote:
Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Cloverfield_movie_image_1.18.08_michael_stahl-david

This is proof that HETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETHETH is actually Michael Stahl-David, star of Cloverfield!

This is best viewed whilst shaking your monitor...the resemblance is shocking then. Red Face

84Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:10 pm

The Heth

The Heth

Ahhhhhh....that is genuinely uncanny! I joke, but that looks suspiciously similar to the real me!

85Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:48 am

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Was this before or after your trip to Isengard?

86Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 am

The Heth

The Heth

Oh it was a few years afterwards, hence the rather large increase in height.

87Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

The Heth wrote:Ahhhhhh....that is genuinely uncanny! I joke, but that looks suspiciously similar to the real me!

Are you J'ACCUSEing him of being you without permission?!

88Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:47 pm

wagi

wagi

I suggest tattooing a large (c) in the middle of your forehead to keep him from being you without proper credit and royalties!

89Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:36 am

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

I know I'd be extremely angered (and possibly enraged) if someone was pretending to be me while wearing that tie! El Frog Mad Thumbs Down

90Sorry.....you are...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry.....you are...? Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:28 pm

The Heth

The Heth

I'm a goofy looking 19-year old male, and I just got compared to a good-looking hollywood actor, he could be wearing a clown suit, and I'd probably still be happy with the comparison.

If he is pretending to be me, having seen my epic performance in "Evil of the Phantom Update 2", then I am not impressed!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum