Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to?

+12
Get.Creative
The Heth
Gravity
evenstar
R-R Ltd.
El Frog
Jeremy
Jonathan
Crumpet Face
wagi
theultimatefish
KingVeveraine
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

KingVeveraine

KingVeveraine
Admin

I have just woken up, and I am about to do an Amplifyed. I was horrified to see how much bloody work I have left to do in my planner. So I imagine that's what my day will consist of. Woo.

theultimatefish

theultimatefish
I am beloved of the Guac!

Poor you.

I am about to do the same. I am supposed to do my homework for a test tomorrow, but my new computer is about to arrive.

Oh the pain.

wagi

wagi

I looked in my planner and it is blank. In fact the entire last week was blank and the week ahead is also blank. Thus my days are free to do whatever pleases me. I like this!

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

wagi wrote:I looked in my planner and it is blank. In fact the entire last week was blank and the week ahead is also blank. Thus my days are free to do whatever pleases me. I like this!

Won't that get boring after a while?

KingVeveraine

KingVeveraine
Admin

What do you do for a job, out of curiosity, Wagi?

Crumpet Face

Crumpet Face

I've just woken up so now I'll eat a sandwich.

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

Today, I've been to Portsmouth to visit my sister. Now, I have a couple of essays and past papers which I hope to complete tonight!

Jeremy

Jeremy

Jonathan wrote:Today, I've been to Portsmouth to visit my sister. Now, I have a couple of essays and past papers which I hope to complete tonight!

Gah! Revision! I too have been revising; Geography! Thumbs DownBored

wagi

wagi

Aidan wrote:What do you do for a job, out of curiosity, Wagi?

I am sorta-kinda-pretty much retired...early!

To explain when I first started coming here to Brazil I would still return to the States and would work over the holiday season. The company I worked for - Suncoast Motion Picture Company (don't be impressed, we just sold movies and Hollywood kitch...), always had a store for me when I returned, usually problem stores where I would go in as manager and help sort things out and get them through the Christmas shopping season. The last two years there I actually helped stores for closing and the company was dying after being bought and then sold by Best Buy.

My partner works for the Brazilian government, and has been there for 17 years, thus he makes a substantial income. Because of immigration laws in the States, it was easier for me to move to Brazil that to even think about him trying to move north. I've been frugal, I made a good wage as a manager and made some investments over the years, so I had a nest egg built up I could draw on for anything I need.

So now I just teach English now and then. My spoken Portuguese is horrible, at least in my opinion, while I can read it quite well. Just not well enough for anything of substance on the job market otherwise.

We don't need the money, we are well off and very fortunate. So otherwise I play haus frau...I keep up the house and cook,except for the ironing, our old housekeeper comes and does that every two weeks. We bought an older condo last July and have I have been reforming that little by little.

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

wagi wrote:
Aidan wrote:What do you do for a job, out of curiosity, Wagi?

I am sorta-kinda-pretty much retired...early!

To explain when I first started coming here to Brazil I would still return to the States and would work over the holiday season. The company I worked for - Suncoast Motion Picture Company (don't be impressed, we just sold movies and Hollywood kitch...), always had a store for me when I returned, usually problem stores where I would go in as manager and help sort things out and get them through the Christmas shopping season. The last two years there I actually helped stores for closing and the company was dying after being bought and then sold by Best Buy.

My partner works for the Brazilian government, and has been there for 17 years, thus he makes a substantial income. Because of immigration laws in the States, it was easier for me to move to Brazil that to even think about him trying to move north. I've been frugal, I made a good wage as a manager and made some investments over the years, so I had a nest egg built up I could draw on for anything I need.

So now I just teach English now and then. My spoken Portuguese is horrible, at least in my opinion, while I can read it quite well. Just not well enough for anything of substance on the job market otherwise.

We don't need the money, we are well off and very fortunate. So otherwise I play haus frau...I keep up the house and cook,except for the ironing, our old housekeeper comes and does that every two weeks. We bought an older condo last July and have I have been reforming that little by little.

Wow, you seem to travel all over the place, Wagi! I presume you speak English then with your partner, otherwise, that could make communication rather difficult. Tongue Out

A bit like this, I suppose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIVDx-8kWZo

(All non-English people MUST watch this.)

wagi

wagi

Ahhh, if only I spoke the same language they do in the video... Tongue Out

Yeah, my partner is fluent in English. Truthfully I can carry on a conversation in Portuguese if I have to. The housekeeper doesn't speak a single word of English and we get along quite well (grunting and pointing not withstanding...). My problem is that usually that I'll be fine until I come to a word I don't know the Portuguese version of, then I come to a halt, get embarrassed, and generally clam up. Learning a language is far easier when your young, I can assure you!

The funny thing is that I can listen to television here and understand upwards of 75-80%, I read Portuguese at about the same level, it's just when speaking that it seems the delay when my brain translates from English to Portuguese, that's my downfall.

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Having collected in all of the sponsorship money, I am about to write a cheque to the hospital!

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

What was the final total in the end?

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

I raised £296, Kate £212, Matthouse (who only actually had one day of fund raising) £55.

I am rather pleased by these numbers.

wagi

wagi

Well done Sir Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG, well done!

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

It gets better - an uncle who I thought wasn't going to sponsor me just handed over another £10!

wagi

wagi

It wasn't the one with the unfortunate swelling, was it? While his money is fine I'd be sure to sanitize one's hands after touching it.

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

wagi wrote:It wasn't the one with the unfortunate swelling, was it? While his money is fine I'd be sure to sanitize one's hands after touching it.

I haven't heard from Eric, his uncle with the "unfortunate swelling", the closet (that Eric repeatedly came out of) or his stench of wee for some time, but I gather he'll be lurking around the DBZ area as that's what he was up to last time I saw his "activities"!

Anyway, just for Blower:

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to? Reportedsp9

R-R Ltd.

R-R Ltd.

Today I signed up for this interesting forum.... is there really guac here? It would go good in a sandwhich tha tI think I will eat soon...

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Today I plan to meet up with Nazi Stu for some boardgame playing (and to liberate the £10 he owes me in sponsorship!) then maybe do a bit of work on the arena corner posts!

wagi

wagi

Today they shall finish the new bathroom floor. The tiles are installed, the toilet is back in place, they just needs a good cleaning and then the colored grout added and allowed to dry then cleaned again. I'm hopeful that the shower shall also be liberated for usage today as well...as do my friends and neighbors!

I'm happy to report that all this work was performed without the sighting of even one plumber's butt crack Mad Thumbs Up

R-R Ltd.

R-R Ltd.

Today I'm picking up a lei for my date to my school's spring banquet tomorrow Heart

wagi wrote:I'm happy to report that all this work was performed without the sighting of even one plumber's butt crack Mad Thumbs Up

lucky, sometimes you can find one at my school and the person isn't even a plumber! Mad Thumbs Up

wagi

wagi

Unfortunately the grout previously purchased turned out to be low-quality, the toilet needs a new seal, and the shower stall is still full of broken tiles and dust. Today is a holiday here, and the chap doesn't work on Sundays. So it won't be finished until Monday (maybe...this IS Brazil after all, and we were really pushing it having only take one more day than was estimated...).

Luckily, a friend who lives in the same building offered us the use of his shower facilities!

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

wagi wrote:Luckily, a friend who lives in the same building offered us the use of his shower facilities!

The thought of a smelly Wagi is not one I wish to contemplate! Get into that shower! El Frog Mad Thumbs Up

wagi

wagi

I'll have you know I took a spit bath each day...and believe me that's a lot of spitting!

Properly showered I feel much better! And the rest of the building feels the same way!

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

wagi wrote:I'll have you know I took a spit bath each day...and believe me that's a lot of spitting!

Wagi (back)hairballs...

...mmmmmmmmmmm

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

I'm glad I wasn't eating my breakfast when I read the last two posts in this thread....

evenstar

evenstar
Frog thinks I am great, so I am!

I don't think I can eat for the rest of the day...

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

evenstar wrote:I don't think I can eat for the rest of the day...

I believe that if I was cooking one of my famous Sunday Roasts, you would!

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

I am just about to start mowing the lawn now. Wish me luck!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next