Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to?

+12
Get.Creative
The Heth
Gravity
evenstar
R-R Ltd.
El Frog
Jeremy
Jonathan
Crumpet Face
wagi
theultimatefish
KingVeveraine
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

The Heth

The Heth
I am beloved of the Guac!

Fashions come and go, and I can only assume his boots went and came back in fashion several times since their creation.

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Shockingly, they look a lot like Doctor Martens!

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

Gravity

Gravity

If they don't clank... what's the bloody point?

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

The point is that you can attach sabatons to them. Yes - clanky shoes!

El Frog Mad Thumbs Up

wagi

wagi

They were a little stretched for evening entertainment back then, weren't they? Nothing like a clanky shoes to pass the time.

Gravity

Gravity

Hey baybaaay... where you goin' with shoes so clankaaay?

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

I should point out that I don't actually own any clanky shoes on the basis that they are actually shockingly difficult to walk in!

wagi

wagi

Hard to sneak up on anyone whist out snaking about I'd imagine...

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

wagi wrote:Hard to sneak up on anyone whist out snaking about I'd imagine...

There is nothing that snaking about doesn't make easier. NOTHING!

Gravity

Gravity

El Frog wrote:I should point out that I don't actually own any clanky shoes on the basis that they are actually shockingly difficult to walk in!

I am angered that you just flat out lie to everyone like that. Sour

We all know you have a closet chock full of all sorts of clanky shoes.

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Clanky shoes are also seriously expensive!

Today is a day that will be filled with much housework!

Mojo

Today is a public holiday. Happy birthday queen! How old is she now? 215? Tongue Out

And is also filled with housework! Stupid rabbits poo everywhere! I like to call the the "bomb" squad. They drop and run.

wagi

wagi

I always think it's funny but I swear that Americans are more fond of Her Majesty than Her Majesty's own subjects are.

Growing up a few kilometers south of the border with Canada, you'd hear some really rude comments made by some Canadians about her and the rest of the royals, but you'd never hear much of the same from anyone south of the border, even with the occasional royal scandal getting nearly as much press coverage.

I'm not knocking people's opinions of the Royal family, just find it interesting the difference.

Since it's 'lot's of love Monday', I'll add these for the Queen queen - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

wagi wrote:I always think it's funny but I swear that Americans are more fond of Her Majesty than Her Majesty's own subjects are.

She isn't overly fond of the British people either! Watch any video clip of her during public engagements and her expression will be similar to that of a person trying to squeeze out a particularly stubborn piece of poo!

She wears gloves so as to avoid touching "us", and the expression on her face is legendary when receiving flowers from children: it is as if they are presenting her with a most pungent Silent But Deadly gas cloud. Why people waste their money giving her things is beyond me!

FURTHERMORE, she has decided that we don't pay her enough! In this time of economic hardship, she has demanded that she receives and additional £6,5000,000 pounds!

wagi

wagi

Not living in Britain, and not knowing the Queen personally (I know - shocking isn't it? But the woman's never asked me over for tea or even Sloppy Joe Night...), I shall accept your words on the matter.

This afternoon I stumbled upon all these news stories that supposedly Brits are all up in arms with Obama and getting rather pissy about the "British" in "British Petroleum", or BP as it's been know as for years.

I read rants about British soldiers serving in Afganistan, to reminders of Bhopal, India, to claims that the US is trying to rob poor pensioner's of their monthly checks...what does that have to do with the oil spill? I hadn't heard any of this until just now living in Brazil. What the bloody hell is this all about? I hadn't read or heard anyone blaming any oil spill on Britain anywhere...I'm totally confused!

Jeremy

Jeremy

wagi wrote:Not living in Britain, and not knowing the Queen personally (I know - shocking isn't it? But the woman's never asked me over for tea or even Sloppy Joe Night...), I shall accept your words on the matter.

This afternoon I stumbled upon all these news stories that supposedly Brits are all up in arms with Obama and getting rather pissy about the "British" in "British Petroleum", or BP as it's been know as for years.

I read rants about British soldiers serving in Afganistan, to reminders of Bhopal, India, to claims that the US is trying to rob poor pensioner's of their monthly checks...what does that have to do with the oil spill? I hadn't heard any of this until just now living in Brazil. What the bloody hell is this all about? I hadn't read or heard anyone blaming any oil spill on Britain anywhere...I'm totally confused!

When things get suitably bad, America's Government can always find someone to blame, and Mr Petroleum's telephonic communications device was turned off, so they asked Britain to take the blame instead!

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Obama has conveniently forgotten that a large chunk of BP is owned by a number of people, including many American companies. This way everything can be blamed on the naughty foreigners and people might forget the "jokes" he told about the disaster!

wagi

wagi

Still don't get it, and I'm afraid what you said hasn't cleared it up any.

I have yet to hear what it was that supposedly Obama said that ticked everyone off other than to say that BP is responsible for cleaning up...was that it? Well, if it was Exxon I'd imagine they'd be told to clean it up as well. What am I missing? Because honestly I'm not understanding why everyone is so mad in Britain? BP is a multi-national company, just like any other oil company isn't it?

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

It was the emphasis on the word "British" in his rhetoric, and there has been a suggestion that a claim will be made against British taxpayers to pay for it.

However, after seeing this piece of filth that was broadcast on palestinian state television...