Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Stubborn Mule Thread

+9
Gravity
El Frog
theultimatefish
Jeremy
ImagineerTom
Get.Creative
RedCleft!
wagi
Jonathan
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 6:09 am

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

As a lot of people have noticed, iratA is rather quiet these days and seems to be lacking the decent members. I was just wondering who is still visiting, who is still lurking and who is flat-out refusing to go to the site!

I'll start us off:

I was trying to give it a chance, hoping that the morons who were determined to ruin the forum just after the move would stop. This really hasn't happened and it's littered with people who I really don't have the patience to respond to! At the moment, there's a daily visit but I have a feeling that soon that will seem too often.

How about you lot?

2The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 7:10 am

wagi

wagi
I am beloved of the Guac!

I'm the same as you Jonathan, I stop by, scroll down to find the latest stupidity, note the rare single intelligent post here and there, and leave. I no longer post there at all, and really have no plans to change that although honestly, who's noticed that I'm not there or even cares that I'm not?

Anyone who's been at that forum for any length of time, I think, is actually looked down upon by the idiot masses of n00bs there now who think they know EVERYTHING, and yet actually know very little.

Most of the decent members have left or seldom post, so we're left with the bottom-feeders who all seem to be mad that just as they get to show-off that they are now the new forum 'kings'...the place is empty.

At it's current rate of decline I'd say once-a-day visits will soon become couple-times-a week visits...or less.

I used to care, a lot of good years were spent there, but iratA and the buffoons who now populate it's forums took care of what little 'caring' I have left.

3The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 7:16 am

RedCleft!

RedCleft!

Meh, iratA is slowly killing itself with Phoxe up its arse. There is nothing good in the CC and I am really only sticking around for the exchange.

http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

4The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 7:18 am

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

I know i havn't been there as long as you, but I agree with you entirely. When I first joined alomost a year ago, there were less fights, more funny posts, and people were credited for there work. But now, it just seems everyone argues, there are millions of pointless threads, and all the good work in the park and tracks section gets ignored.

5The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 8:52 am

ImagineerTom

ImagineerTom

I still post, a lot. Tongue Out And I always keep watch on the parks at shyguy's, they are so much better than the ones at iratA. But we win in all other exchange forums.

http://imagineertom.webs.com

6The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 8:56 am

Jeremy

Jeremy

I still post there due to Forg's orders to "mention the crevice more". It's a bloody miracle I haven't been banned!

iratA has gone down the pan completely.

7The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 9:00 am

ImagineerTom

ImagineerTom

I get way too bored, I need something to do during the day, Xbox gets boring, even with friends. I post on iratA in the mornings usually and miss all the night drama when Jdrowlands yells at n00bs.

8The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 9:54 am

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

I don't know. I often visit, but I don't really keep track. Sometimes I feel the need to post, but my heart fills itself with sadness when I see how the old iratA we knew is being molested.

9The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

wagi wrote:...who's noticed that I'm not there or even cares that I'm not?

It's not just you. Our LORD And MASTER, SIR FROG stopped posting there ages ago as well but nobody seems to have said a thing. Not that either of you want the attention, what I mean is that the general selfish attitude means that they're too busy posting their crap to notice that a member of worth no longer wants to be part of the community.

I remember when I joined, there were people I really looked up to. This attitude doesn't seem to exist anymore with the newer members.

I won't quote the whole post to save space on the forum, but I agree completely.

RedCleft! wrote:Meh, iratA is slowly killing itself with Phoxe up its arse. There is nothing good in the CC and I am really only sticking around for the exchange.

I'm glad you brought up Phoxe. Whilst I wasn't really visiting iratA at the time, I agree that people were right to be pissed off about the whole affair. However, people are still going on about it all being his fault.

Fair enough, he didn't handle the situation very well, but the bigger mess has nothing to do with him. To sum that up, it's not just Phoxe... the whole company is infested with twats!

10The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

I have made a thread over there in the hope that the cleftiest among them might realise that actually, the forums looked quite nice without the proverbial turds they've smeared on.

Instead, several people got rather angry at me! SMEXY MAN BEAST Xenny agrees with me, though.

11The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 12:15 pm

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

I don't really care for Wagi and Forg not being on iratA anymore. They're here so why should I worry? Smile

About the last line in Jonathan's post, I agree completely. It seems that every game making company can't even keep their own business nice and tidy.

Xendick

EDIT: It is still not being added to the word filter list MadThumbs Down

12The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

And to top that, Crapbasket had the cheek to post some pointless .gif about the "irony" of my post!

13The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

Theultimatefish should look at his post again.

14The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 12:20 pm

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

Jonathan wrote:Theultimatefish should look at his post again.

I am now content. Thumbs Up

15The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy

Hethethethethethetheth is defending iratA rather fervently!

16The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 12:58 pm

wagi

wagi

Phoxe is long gone. His mistakes were in how he went about things, how he handled the CC area, and how he dealt with people's concerns, he really f'd it up. My understanding is that he wasn't actually an iratA employee, but someone they allowed to 'clean up' the place. The switch to a new forums had nothing to do with him, he was ancient history by that time.

It's the entire culture at iratA I blame, it's evident in so many things they do.

I would AGAIN like to point out that despite what Xcleft and others keep repeatedly posting, the rules that Phoxe put in place were NOT what drove people away! This has been explained over and over but stupid people refuse to listen. Phoxe's rules were just the straw that broke the camel's back as they say. Anyone who continues the myth of claiming that it was 'just those rules' that cleaned out the place actually doesn't have the foggiest clue what they are even talking about. Repeatedly spreading bullshit doesn't make it smell like roses no matter how thick you spread it or how often.

17The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 1:41 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

As for me, I just walked away. The new forum was released with a plethora of bugs, most of which have not been corrected. The place clearly doesn't need me. Meh.

Jeremy wrote:Hethethethethethetheth is defending iratA rather fervently!

As is his right. Heth may be a Hobbit, but I will take a very dim view of things should I see people actively harrassing him because of this.

I do not like the idea of good members of this forum being made to feel unwelcome here because of that place.

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

18The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Gravity

Gravity

^^ But, they can't be bothered to pay attention to what actually drove the good members away when they're busy posting "This looks awesome" in every thread!

You're simply expecting far too much of them.

19The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 5:12 pm

RedCleft!

RedCleft!

Although I joined at the start of the decline, I still feel honoured to have experienced some of the wit and humour of the CC. Although I was a complete dick back then, I still am happy to have experienced it in the height of its power.

All the new members have no clue what iratA Community was.

http://redoctoberrct3.webs.com

20The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 5:53 pm

The Heth

The Heth

Ooo, my ears are burning Tongue Out

Yeah, basically, I like to talk to you guys. I therefore post on the places the good members go. Some remain on iratA, some in RCTLounge, some SGW, and the rest here. I'm spreading my weight.

21The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sat May 22, 2010 5:55 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Jeremy wrote:I still post there due to Forg's orders to "mention the crevice more".

I approve of this. You will continue!

22The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sun May 23, 2010 3:41 am

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

Jonathan wrote:I remember when I joined, there were people I really looked up to. This attitude doesn't seem to exist anymore with the newer members.

This may sound a bit suck-up-ish, but I felt that way with you guys when I first joined. But know no one seems to respect your comments, and takes everything you say seriously and make an argument out of it.

edit: just found a great example:

Gravity made a point about craptasket starting every thread with his name, and craptasket called him a 'sarcastic elitist dick'

I starting to think about leaving iratA all together.

23The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sun May 23, 2010 7:27 am

wagi

wagi

If this was eight months ago, Grav wouldn't have been the only person pointing that out.

Part of the trouble now is that there aren't all the other long-timers there who would also point out people's crap, his is like the lone voice in the wilderness. So what he says stand out. It isn't helped any by the flighty responses of those like UltraCleft who can't decide if he agrees...or disagrees...or agrees, but still feels the overwhelming urge to grab just a little of that spotlight by posting anyways.

24The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 am

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

But Wagi, don't you know that at least all threads on the front page should contain at least one of your postings? That's part of the big forum game! Mad

25The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sun May 23, 2010 7:18 pm

The Heth

The Heth

It is a shame most of you guys have gone, and what Wagi says is true, now that there aren't so many long-timers left, those who do remain are a minority. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if I was one of the only long-timers still consistently posting on iratA.

26The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Sun May 23, 2010 7:33 pm

ImagineerTom

ImagineerTom

The Heth wrote:It is a shame most of you guys have gone, and what Wagi says is true, now that there aren't so many long-timers left, those who do remain are a minority. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if I was one of the only long-timers still consistently posting on iratA.

Now Amp has left too. Frown As long as the motley crew still regularly visit The Crevice of Guacamole I shall be fine. Smile I say the community has about 2-3 years of regulars left in it, after that, who knows. confused

27The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Mon May 24, 2010 6:41 am

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

I don't know. I still don't know how many are still posting at the old place, but it seems to be only one at the moment.

As long as you all stay with the community it's fine with me. Who wants iratA anyways?

28The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Mon May 24, 2010 9:02 am

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

the crevice is much better than iratA already. As long as all the idiots don't come here. hopefully they wont.

29The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Mon May 24, 2010 11:10 am

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

Get.Creative wrote:the crevice is much better than iratA already. As long as all the idiots don't come here. hopefully they wont.

And when they do, they will look silly.

And there will not be... trouble.

30The Stubborn Mule Thread Empty Re: The Stubborn Mule Thread Mon May 24, 2010 1:20 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

theultimatefish wrote:
Get.Creative wrote:the crevice is much better than iratA already. As long as all the idiots don't come here. hopefully they wont.

And when they do, they will look silly.

And there will not be... trouble.

I approve of these statements. Six times. El Frog Mad Thumbs Up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum