Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scary talk? The truth? Doomthinking? Where are the facts?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

theultimatefish

theultimatefish
I am beloved of the Guac!

To explain this thread, I wanted a thread, where we could throw in all conspiracy and 'this is the FUTURE' videos, pictures and articles, to disscuss them with other members.

To kick it off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU&feature=player_embedded

Discuss.

Gravity

Gravity

It's 2010. Where the hell is my flying car?

wagi

wagi

I watched a bit before I turned it off. I hardly think that's enough reason to push Christians to have more children. The vast majority of Muslims are just like the vast majority of Christians...in name only. I'd worry more about China really pushing Confusiousism. The video neglects to mention that high birthrates have a direct correlation to poverty and lower standards of living. They may give birth to that many children, but how many make it to adulthood?

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

Yes, hence why I put 'Where are the facts' in the title.

Most of these videos blindly seem to rely on what happened in the past, rather than checking the facts.

It is not like I am fully against the Islam, but I am a supporter of balance.

wagi

wagi

Oh, I didn't take it as something you were pushing personally, but just as something to discuss.

I'm not Islamic either, and have my own opinions on that religion. But I don't think it's the Dark Evil thing on the horizon as some make it out to be. Parts of it ARE evil in my opinion, but that's a very small number of people really. There are some very evil people who call themselves 'Christians" too.

"Balance" is a good thing, I wish more people would try it! I see way too many people who go to the extremes on any subject and refuse to eve listen to anything the opposite side has to say. That's sad. The art of compromise seems to no longer be recalled, everything has to be black or white rather than the multiple shades of gray life usually is.

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

Indeed, I just wanted a discussion.

Point is that there are dozens of videos like this on youtube, and not only for the Islam but also for Christianity and other beliefs. I took the Islam video because it is, deny it or not, the religion that most people are afraid of at the moment.

Anton

Anton

The problem is not that there are no facts in the video. Those figures could very well be real. The problem is that they have not taken enough parameters into consideration. Like wagi pointed out - how many will actually make it to adulthood? How many are actually going to practise the islamic religion? What about changes in the climate? (I know, pretty far fetched. But during the fourty or so years that the narrator claimed it would take for germany to beome a muslim state, considerable climate changes could happen)

Another thing I don't like about this video, besides the silly assumptions based on fertillity rate statistics, is the message behind it.

Holy war? This is why I really don't like religion at all. In my opinion religion (as we know it) is something that has stayed with us since the old days when people did not know better and among other things - thought that the sun revolves around the earth. It's not even about religion anymore. One religous group tries to convince other gourps their religion is the right one. That's about it, some are even prepared to kill and does so. If people could start caring about the human race, the planet earth on which they all (because of some magicall completely unexplainable reason) live and try to understand how inisgnificant it is which relgion "rules" the world.. that would be so much better.

Sorry, I'm not very good at discussing. Frown

Just some thoughts I had to get down.

Jeremy

Jeremy

A wise man (probably some variety of comedian) once said that

"While I don't disagree with the idea of a God, I do disagree with Religion, because Religion was thought up by humans, and humans aren't God."

Anton

Anton

Jeremy wrote:A wise man (probably some variety of comedian) once said that

"While I don't disagree with the idea of a God, I do disagree with Religion, because Religion was thought up by humans, and humans aren't God."

Exactly. I don't believe us, universe and everything is just "luck". My dad has read nearly hundred books it seems about various religion vs. science books. And books about life, cells, bacterias etc. And he says that it's actually pointing towards that it's not chance. This is also what I tried to say about that it's not about the idea of God anymore. Just the part that we made up.

But the stories that I think were probably made up thousands of years ago.. I can't see that's how it happened.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum