Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What happened at CROWMARSH 2010

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 Empty What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:37 pm

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

In March, I was asked to come along to a small charity fundraiser. The Music Club is a therapy group that attempts to reach severely autistic children by sound and (of course) music. As I approved of their efforts, I rallied The Fellowship and we decided to perform!

We decided that they should see a knight from the early medieval and late medieval periods as this would allow the audience to see the differences, including "kill" points and vulnerabilities in the different armour. I have added a few of the photos we took, and hope to attach some that were taken by the audience.....and possibly some video too.

We arrived nice and early, and set up the archery net, target and roped off the target range which would also double as our fighting arena. Then it was time to change clothes and pose for a quick photo!

What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 100_0332

Then it was time for the gates to open, and a steady stream of customers happily paid for five shots at the target. While it was never going to be a particularly busy fundraiser, but just when we had finished with two customers, another two would appear!

What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 100_0350
What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 100_0367

A quick break at lunch time (during which I savaged a sausage in a bun) it was time to put on the armour and begin our show.

We demonstrated the attack and defensive styles of the early and late medieval period as well as the fighting styles of Liechtenauer. Then, it was on to the greatsword...

What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 100_0369

...which is the bit Hears will be suitably humiliated while the audience applauds assisting me with! I don't want to spoil the surprise too much, so I'll save the description until after the CoG meet up at HANBOROUGH!

The Dane axe...
What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 100_0375

The morning star, with the assistance of the Mayor of Wallingford...
What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 100_0378

The light lance, hefted (skillfully) into a target!
What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 100_0373

...and many other weapons!

Then it was back into clothes for a bit more archery.
What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 100_0394
What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 100_0383
There was a chance for a bit more free barbecue food - and even paying customers couldn't dissuade Phill from his burger!

I have no idea how much we raised; we were supposed to be there for the fee of half of the money we made. However, after a brief discussion, we decided to donate it.

Hopefully more to come!

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

2What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 Empty Re: What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:27 pm

wagi

wagi
I am beloved of the Guac!

Bravo! Good show Sir Forg! I see you were proudly modeling your new boxers and hose!

3What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 Empty Re: What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:14 am

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

I can make the pattern available should you wish to make yourself a pair!

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

4What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 Empty Re: What happened at CROWMARSH 2010 Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:25 am

wagi

wagi
I am beloved of the Guac!

Yes but then I'd have to make all those alterations...like letting the boxers out in front.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum