Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RCT3 Wikia

+6
Anton
Jeremy
wagi
El Frog
ImagineerTom
spacemtnman
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31RCT3 Wikia - Page 2 Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:04 am

thedon200

I am beloved of the Guac!

^people who do that are big-headed. (they think they know everything and whats right, like the supposedly 'cool kids' at a school) just because they post some random rubbish and expect everyone to belive it's true is very immature.

32RCT3 Wikia - Page 2 Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:14 am

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

wagi wrote:While slumming over at the 'site which shall not be named', I was appalled to read what people were passing off as 'facts' concerning such simple stuff as who designed what and what company did what in the years since RCT1 first came to market. Things were posted as being factual that were anything BUT, instead they were just plain wrong. Part of the trouble is self-appointed 'experts' who say anything and because it's coming from them, expect everyone else to accept it as the truth.

I haven't looked at the Wiki, but from reading this thread I know that at least one of the guilty parties was said to be working on it. If it's too difficult to even sort out who's who among Chris Sawyer,Hasbro,Infogrames, iratA and Frontier, then how the hell are they going to record the history of this game and the community?

Why is it more important to 'look' right than to actually 'BE' right? Weird

Could you elaborate further on the guilty party please wagi?

33RCT3 Wikia - Page 2 Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:23 pm

wagi

wagi

The Wikipedia entries for the individual games are correct, other than what happened with the two rct2 expansion, so I'll just quote them here and add my own sentence covering that:

"RollerCoaster Tycoon is a simulation strategy computer game that simulates theme park management. Developed by MicroProse and Chris Sawyer and published by Hasbro Interactive, the game was released for Microsoft Windows on March 31, 1999 and was later ported to the Xbox game console. Later, a special edition called Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe was released which contained the original game and the two expansion packs. It is the first game in the RollerCoaster Tycoon series and was followed by RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, but RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 was developed without input from the franchise's creator, Chris Sawyer."

"RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 is a simulation computer game that simulates theme park management. Developed by Chris Sawyer and published by Infogrames, the game was released on October 15, 2002. It is the sequel to RollerCoaster Tycoon and is the second game in the RollerCoaster Tycoon series."

The two expansion packs to RCT2 - Wacky Worlds and Time Twister were designed by Frontier Developments in consultation with Chris Sawyer. Infogrames, after purchasing iratA, changed their corporate name also to iratA.

"Although the core features of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is based on the previous games, Chris Sawyer, the developer of the first two games, acted only as a consultant, as the game was developed by Frontier Developments instead, and published and advertised by iratA."

So areogamer, CZsWorld, and Red October were wrong, phathorse and Jdrowlans were fairly correct although I'd think they could have been more clear. However, I think it's safe to say that all of these people have misspoken about one thing or another in the past. phathorse is usually pretty good, Jdrowlands as well, although he's not always right, sometimes because he wasn't around then.

A suggestion? Maybe as things are written and added just ask a few of the long time vets you trust to just take a look and see if any glaring errors are there. I don't mind helping, but there's a great many things I either aren't sure on myself, or just plain don't know, so maybe if a couple different people take a look they can help make sure. I'd recommend bctrainers, gravity, n747, people like that. Even Fisherman, although he often is oblivious to things outside of rides! (I know him well, so I can get away with saying that! My shoes tremble with delight!!)

34RCT3 Wikia - Page 2 Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:30 am

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

Hey, i cant seem to find the page you have quoted...is it on the rct3.wikia.com site? or over on iratA Somewhere?
Regards

Spacemtnman

35RCT3 Wikia - Page 2 Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:44 am

wagi

wagi

No, those are just the entries on the regular Wikipedia, they have pages for each of the game versions, and they seem to be fairly accurate, but they just have the bare-bones details listed, nothing about the community and certainly nothing reflecting any of the negative things in the game. I used them as an example that the correct information IS out there, at least at other places, but the 'experts' don't always bother! Ha ha

36RCT3 Wikia - Page 2 Empty Re: RCT3 Wikia Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 am

spacemtnman

spacemtnman

ah i see! My shoes tremble with delight!! well im sure everyone will agree that you'd be a yseful editor/advisor to the wiki.Take a look at it, youre very welcome to edit it if we have made mistakes Smile

Its strange, before Cirque Phantasmagorie, i had never heard of fisherman at all!Looking back he has been on these forums from 3 years longer than myself which is very surprising!

Well we arent getting our info from the actual wikipedia page so that could be a problem :/

Regards

SPACEMTNMAN

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum