Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to?

+12
Get.Creative
The Heth
Gravity
evenstar
R-R Ltd.
El Frog
Jeremy
Jonathan
Crumpet Face
wagi
theultimatefish
KingVeveraine
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

James Who Smells Of Wee

I was banned by Frog for being a fool!

Yesterday I went down to the funfair and rode a few rides then sat on the beach and got a lovely tan! What a lovely day indeed.

Today... I'm being lazy and also doing a bit of revision for my ICT AS exam tomorrow (Oh joy) I'm hoping the weather will cool down a bit for it, I dont want to be sat in an exam hall sweating!

wagi

wagi
I am beloved of the Guac!

^How warm was it?

James Who Smells Of Wee

wagi wrote:^How warm was it?

About 20-25 degrees. I have no idea what that is in fahrenheit!

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

JamesB wrote:
wagi wrote:^How warm was it?

About 20-25 degrees. I have no idea what that is in fahrenheit!

Just say it's quite hot. Big Grin

wagi

wagi

20 to 25??? It get's that cool here and they have gloves and mufflers on!

Today it's 21 here (it's winter after all) and everyone is wearing jackets, long pants, sweaters and even knit caps. Meanwhile I'm the crazy gringo in shorts. It even feels cool to me - I wore a windbreaker!

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

wagi wrote:20 to 25??? It get's that cool here and they have gloves and mufflers on!

Today it's 21 here (it's winter after all) and everyone is wearing jackets, long pants, sweaters and even knit caps. Meanwhile I'm the crazy gringo in shorts. It even feels cool to me - I wore a windbreaker!

20 to 25 in Celsius is really warm.

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

Today I have been doing lots of revision for my maths exam which starts 2 hours from now (I'll continue working for about 30 minutes or so, then get something to eat. It takes about 40 minutes to walk there so I will have to leave immediately after I finish lunch)!

After the, I will walk home. Later in the evening, I'm going to a film preview thing. When I get back from that, I might be able to fit in some Bioshock 2 multiplayer then BED.

Hectic!

wagi

wagi

theultimatefish wrote:

Only to Eskimos...santa

Normal room temperature is usually set around 22 Celsius, so 25 isn't really a heat wave, that's 77 Fahrenheit. I know it can feel that way if you aren't used to it - I'm from north of Seattle which has a climate very, very similar to England's, so I do understand what you mean, it's just so hard now to think of anything in that temperature range as being "really warm" that I have to poke fun at it. Tongue Out

We don't even have heating units in most homes here! No fireplace, gas furnace nor even electric heating. We can dip down to as low as 10 Celsius (50f) on an exceptionally cold winter night, but what you consider warm is our average winter daytime temperature!

theultimatefish

theultimatefish

wagi wrote:
theultimatefish wrote:

Only to Eskimos...santa

Normal room temperature is usually set around 22 Celsius, so 25 isn't really a heat wave, that's 77 Fahrenheit. I know it can feel that way if you aren't used to it - I'm from north of Seattle which has a climate very, very similar to England's, so I do understand what you mean, it's just so hard now to think of anything in that temperature range as being "really warm" that I have to poke fun at it. Tongue Out

We don't even have heating units in most homes here! No fireplace, gas furnace nor even electric heating. We can dip down to as low as 10 Celsius (50f) on an exceptionally cold winter night, but what you consider warm is our average winter daytime temperature!

25' is the average temperature in our swimming pool in the summer, and it is really a pleasant temperature. But I see where you're coming from, and I agree, 35' is better. Big Grin

James Who Smells Of Wee

Today I had my ICT exam which went really well, completed all the questions and felt generally positive about it. Afterwards I had a interview at the local school to do some work experience for my University degree, that went well and I'm looking forward to starting on Thursday. Thumbs Up

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

I did not get anywhere near as much done today as I should! Mad Thumbs Down

What I did achieve was:

1. Mowing all of the grassy areas.
2. Applying some paint to the arena corner posts (nowhere near enough though).
3. Took Mrs Mum for her blood test.
4. Washed the cloth being used for the standard (but didn't have time to iron it).
5. Had some deep thoughts about the construction required to get the archery net as I want it.

I am annoyed; however, I may well spend some time this evening making a pair of bright red split hose and/or finishing the medieval boxer shorts!

http://www.fellowshipoftheox.co.uk

James Who Smells Of Wee

I am going to a Christian music festival this afternoon, Switchfoot are going to be there, very excited.

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

The plan for today:

Clean fishtank!
Finish sewing flag.
(Possibly) get haircut!

James Who Smells Of Wee

The music festival was amazing yesterday, saw a christian version of N Dubs (yeah I know...) and got the CD of a fantastic female singer who sounds like Corrine Bailey Ray. This morning I helped run a children's club at the local church with some of my friends, it all themed around under the sea and the hall looks amazing. I'm doing that tomorrow too and then on Friday me and my best mate are off to the zoo Smile So, overall a good week.

wagi

wagi

My partner now has switched to working at home three days a week, but still commuting the two days court is in session. Not only does it save him the 130 kilometer daily drive (and the 3-5 hour drive time), but it also saves wear and tear on the car and gas! He's also home, which is enjoyable.

Thursday is a holiday here (Corpus Christi), as well as a large street fair downtown as the kick-off for Pride Week festivities. Saturday is Gay Day at PlayCenter, an amusement park here in the city, and then Sunday is the Pride Parade.

Last year attendance dropped a hair to 3.2 million people, hopefully the weather is better and it climbs back up to 3.5 million again, it's the world's largest, it actually ends one block from us, so our streets are closed all day Sunday and it's usually well after midnight before the noise level starts to fall!

I can attest that once you hit 3 million people that '.2' or '.5' makes little difference.

Jeremy

Jeremy

I have returned from Spain and will soon be getting my hair cut!

I can confirm that the male flight attendant was incredibly camp.

Get.Creative

Get.Creative

Jeremy wrote:I can confirm that the male flight attendant was incredibly camp.

obviously! Almost any man working with hotels and holidays is camp. But I do say MOST.

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Finished the sewing on the flag, almost finished the hose...far too hot to do anything else!

Jeremy

Jeremy

My hair is now almost all gone!

Shocked

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Jeremy wrote:My hair is now almost all gone!

Shocked

Stage one for members of the Wagi Fan Club. Stage two is to glue that hair to your back! El Frog Mad Thumbs Up

wagi

wagi

Use Super Glue or it will all clog the drain when you take a shower...

Jeremy

Jeremy

wagi wrote:Use Super Glue or it will all clog the drain when you take a shower...

From experience? Bulb

Or did you just get the incompetent Brazilian plumbery-builder types for fun? MadThumbs Up

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

wagi wrote:Use Super Glue or it will all clog the drain when you take a shower...

This is dangerous! While superglue sets almost instantly when in contact with water, it does produce cyanide gas.

I dread to think of what it might do when it comes in contact with Jermery Sweat!

wagi

wagi

Today we enjoyed lunch at home and then walked a couple blocks from our place to watch the 14th annual São Paulo Pride Parade. Like any proper event ran by drag queens as Mistresses of Ceremonies, the 12 Noon sharp opening took place promptly at 1.15 pm. Knowing this we didn't bother leaving the apartment until almost 2 pm, and timed it perfectly as the parade was just coming into view coming down Rua da Consolação. You can just barely see the rainbow of balloons. Consolação is generally eight to ten lanes in width plus parking, which was removed for today. As on Avenida Paulista where the parade started, ALL lanes were full of people...

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to? - Page 3 P1010026sm

A few minutes later the street was packed. We don't use 'floats' as American parades often do, here we use huge sound trucks - basicly giant speakers pulled by a semi, with a few self-important people on the top. There were 20 of these. The volumne is sufficent to loosen any phlegm or ear wax you may have. My hearing may return by Tuesday...

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to? - Page 3 P1010103sm

The street generally fills up until it is almost impossible to walk. there are two other streets that parallel this one which are also full. Not wanting to be trapped yet again for hours in one spot, after an hour we headed back home. This looks towards our area of downtown, the Church of Consolação can be seen, the old Hilton (round tower at left) the Italia and Copan buildings and right behind the yellow sign in center is the backside of our building. The previously almost empty street is no more...

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to? - Page 3 P1010234sm

This is a helicopter shot of Avenida Paulista, where the parade starts. This street is ten lanes in width and this view looks back about 10-15 blocks or so, the crowds also fill side streets and back much further to about 25-30 blocks, just below the bottom of the pic the parade makes a right turn onto Rua da Consolação and comes down the hill to downtown where I live.

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to? - Page 3 100606paradagay_f_017

Final numbers aren't in yet, but with the sunny weather it looks like we again had more than 3 million people. It's the largest parade in the world. The police made an added effort to control alcohol sales this year so there were fewer drunks and more families, although the use of various herbs was strong in the air although the police ignored that.

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

That photograph from the helicopter is crazy. When you said before that there were going to be around 3 million people there, it was hard to imagine what that looked like. Just seeing that is jaw-dropping.

At least it was a nice, sunny day... I even saw a rainbow in one of the pictures! Tongue Out

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

There are many colours in the homo-rainbow apparently...

wagi

wagi

El Frog wrote:There are many colours in the homo-rainbow apparently...

Some prefer to wear several...just in their wig choice!

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to? - Page 3 P1010081sm

Meanwhile, I case I'm not able to be there for your proxy betrothal to Evening Starfish, there are several other willing to stand in at a moments notice...

What will you get up to today, and what activities have you already got up to? - Page 3 P1010212sm

They come with a certificate of being almost new, with all their original equipment...well, except the two on the left...

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Sorry, it can only be Starfish...

Jonathan

Jonathan
Admin

I am just off to my economics exam!

El Frog

El Frog
Admin

Wagi, can you PM me your postal address please!

Jonathan wrote:I am just off to my economics exam!

Good luck - and don't be too economical with your answers!

I shall be contenting myself with stretching out some 14th Century boots so that they fit my wide feet. Then I shall vacuum the carpets!

I may even have a chocolate!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next